Broadband Compare checks the New Zealand Broadband Map to give you up to the minute information on the best connection type that is available at your property.
No matter what your internet requirements, UFB or Ultrafast Fibre Broadband should certainly be considered if you can get it at your property. It IS the future of communication in New Zealand and the government has invested billions of dollars in making us better connected. It future proofs your property, increases property value and resell value and is particularly worth considering if you fall into any of the following criteria:
1. Have a large family or shared house which often has several people using the internet at the same time.
2. Have lots of connected devices. These could be laptops, tablets, mobiles or smart phones, consoles, smart TV’s etc
3. Regularly download movies, music or TV to watch offline or save
4. Use film or TV streaming sites like Netflix, Neon, Lightbox or SKY GO
5. Watch online streaming services in high-definition (HD)
6. Download and play video games that require an internet connection for gameplay
7. You currently have ADSL or VDSL broadband, and find that you are having problems or speed issues meaning that it just isn't fast enough for your needs
If a one or more of the above apply to you, then you should definitely look at switching to a new fibre broadband plan. The higher the download speed in the fibre broadband plan, the smoother these activities are likely to be.
However, if you live by yourself or in a couple who use the same device or watch the same shows, or you just use the internet for light web-browsing (news sites, TradeMe etc), social media (Facebook, Instagram) and email, for example, it may be worth considering cheaper broadband plans.
Either way, make sure that you use Broadband Compare to do your homework before you make a decision in order to help you to weigh up your options before signing up to get a good idea of what you need and then compare broadband deals to find the perfect balance between speed and affordability.
SIX MONTHS HALF PRICE, FREE MODEM RENTAL, FREE STANDARD INSTALLATION*, IT'S A WIN-WIN. 12 MONTH CONTRACT APPLIES. Free modem while you're with Slingshot. Free standard install. Offer for new residenti...
Terms and Conditions apply
SIX MONTHS HALF PRICE, FREE MODEM RENTAL, FREE STANDARD INSTALLATION*, IT'S A WIN-WIN. 12 MONTH CONTRACT APPLIES. Free modem while you're with Slingshot. Free standard install. Offer for new residential customers only. Service not available everywhere. 12 month contract and $250 early termination fee applies. Not valid with any other offers. *If you are installing a new broadband connection or moving into a new address (move house) at the time of sign-up, a $52 installation fee will apply.
Offer expires 30/09/2019
THREE MONTHS FREE, FREE MODEM RENTAL, FREE STANDARD INSTALLATION, IT'S A WIN-WIN. 12 MONTH CONTRACT APPLIES. Free modem while you're with Orcon. Free standard fibre install. Offer for new residential
Terms and Conditions apply